As returns on Bank’s fixed deposit and savings account are shrinking, Investing in dividend paying stocks is very good strategy for regular income. There are few stocks which has dividend yield ration more than 8% which comfortably beats return on Bank FD which is around 6%.
Why to Invest in dividend Paying Stocks ?
- Dividend income is totally Tax Free.
- You get cash in regular interval which you can use for further investment purpose.
- dividend paying companies are expected to give good return in long run as they have good cash flow.
What is dividend Yield ?
It is simply a percentage return on your investment. Suppose dividend Yield of a stock is 8% and your Investment amount is Rs.100,000 then you will receive Rs.8,000 per annum as dividend amount.
Highest Dividend Paying Stocks in India
Below is the list of Highest Dividend Paying Stocks in India. I have added only stocks which has good growth potential in the long run. So that you will benefit from Capital Appreciation as well.
|Sr No||Company||CMP||Market Cap||PE||Dividend Yield %|
*CMP is on 2nd October 2017.
How much to allocate in Portfolio ?
It again depends on your risk taking capability. If you are low risk taker then I would suggest to allocate 20-30% to dividend paying stocks. But if you have free cash in Savings then its always better to go for these stocks.
Risk Factor ?
- You may not get good return in short-term.
- Divident payment is completely depends upon earnings of the company. So company might stop dividend payment in case of poor earnings.
Screener to find dividend Paying Stocks ?
There are many. I am adding few below. You can easily find out such stocks from below links.
That’s it for now. Please let me know if you have any suggestion.